My Account
Join NowLogin

Green Card

Article posted: 15/01/2021
Green Card

Kerry London, BITA’s platinum partner, gives an update on the changes to insurance when driving in the European Union

Following the UK’s recent exit from the European Union there could be changes to your current motor insurance arrangements.
You will require a Green Card and a GB symbol if you are driving in the EU. This is required even if you have a foreign extension on your policy. In addition, if you have a trailer weighing over 750kg this must also be registered before towing it abroad and will also need its own Green Card.

There are other changes to travelling in the EU from 1 January 2021 that you should be aware of when travelling for business or leisure. These include:

·       Check your passport is valid in the countries you plan to travel to

·       Get travel insurance that covers your healthcare requirements

·       Organise pet travel & contact your vet at least 1 month before you travel

·       Contact your mobile phone operator to check for any roaming charges

The UK Government has compiled useful information on the .Gov website, however should you have any questions, please contact your usual Kerry London adviser, or email us at [email protected].  

Back to news
Login to leave a review